Sunday, February 7, 2016

Logo Critique

1.) Starbucks logo - I believe that the target audience for this logo is people in their 20s and 30s. This mermaid is not your typical cartoon you would see in children's books or TV shows but rather a mythological looking mermaid with 2 tails. I feel that this logo is very successful though it has gone through big changes since it first started. I think that because the company has simplified it's logo over the years, it has been easier to recognize based on the colors and simple design.

2.) Ikea logo - I think this logo is easy for people of all ages to see. The short name in a simple bold text and recognizable colors makes it easy to spot from far away. I think most people can tell this logo is Ikea just based on the colors alone. The simple shape and design help make this logo distinguishable from far away or in small sizes

3.) Ebay logo - I believe this logo targets adults. For children the different sized and overlapping letters might be confusing to read. I think the colors make this logo look very appealing, much like the google logo.The simple design makes me think this website looks easy to use.

4.) Snapchat logo - I think the target age for this logo is teenagers through people in their 20s. This app is equipped with funny face filters, trophies and top snapchat friends, almost like a game and social media app combined, both of which younger people tend to enjoy more. The yellow color really captures your attention and the ghost reflects the silly aspect of the app.  


5.) Twitter logo - I think this logo can be recognized by teens through middle aged people. Unlike other social media apps, twitter is used by people from a wide range of ages. The logo reflects the word "tweet" when you type a thought out, just like a bird tweets to speak. I think twitter is a great app to get messages and news spread quickly to other people on the internet and their logo reflects that with what looks to me like a talking bird.



No comments:

Post a Comment